- When you send us e-mail we will not keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of AOCA staff and its contractors. We will only use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We will not maintain your name on the list and will not share your e-mail address with anyone outside of AOCA.
- If you use our feature "e-mail a friend," we will use your e-mail address only to let your friend know who sent the web address, so he or she can reply to you.
When you visit our web site, we collect certain information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and web service you are using. We also know the date and time you visit and the pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site according to your needs.
- We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
- When you submit personal information using our web site – for example, if you sign up for a conference online – we have systems that make sure people outside of AOCA cannot access your personal information.
- We would only try to identify you personally when required to do so by a law enforcement investigation. Any information we collect for those investigations are destroyed according to federal guidelines.
- Tampering with AOCA's web site is against the law. If anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- Our website has links to other web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. AOCA cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by AOCA, or any of its directors, contractors or employees, of the sponsors of the site or the information presented on the site.
PRIVACY NOTICE AMENDMENTS: The policies covered under this Privacy Notice may be amended over time and those amendments may affect information obtained by the agency before the date of the change. All amendments to the Privacy Notice must be consistent with the requirements of the Federal Standards that protect the privacy of consumers.